Friday, September 03, 2004

All the best names are taken.

I've been ignoring this blog, as predicted, for several days, but it's still been in the back of my head. And I've been rereading some Heinlein I haven't read in several years. He makes use of the acronym TANSTAAFL fairly often ("There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"), and it dawned on me that that wouldn't make too bad a blog name. But lo and behold, somebody's already got taanstafl.blogspot.com, and they haven't updated it in two years, damn it.

I've got a default name I use in situations like this, but I'd like to use something else for a change; branch out to something new. But of course everything I think of, somebody has already thought of in the years that Blogger has been around. I know I could host the site myself and call it whatever the hell I want, but I don't feel like it.

Thought crossed my mind today. As an adult, when was the last time you played leapfrog? Like, the actual children's game leapfrog, where one person squats down on the ground and the other person presses on their shoulders and hops over them? There's a game that adults simply do not play in polite, clothed company - it looks awkward and ungainly and potentially suggestive.

[30 seconds pass]...In a fit of optimism I just checked out leapfrog.blogspot.com, and that ALSO exists and hasn't been updated since 2002. Bloody hell. Of course, who am I to judge - I do have some blogs that sort of reached natural conclusions that I have no intention of updating. But these people appear to have just abandoned their blogs in midstream... much as I expect to do with THIS blog within a month or two. Hey ho.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home