Monday, October 25, 2004

Random thought about RSS

Isn't it a bit ironic that with RSS feeds, we've actually headed backwards to something more like the text-based, hierarchical menu structure of the Gopher days? When Mosaic emerged, everyone was awfully excited about the potential of ditching menus and including images in our content. Now RSS has emerged and we're awfully excited about the potential of grabbing the content and placing it into a menu. Hey, I love RSS and I see how spiffy it is to extract an XML feed and import it into another interface and all - but when you think about it, it's good for a chuckle.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always considered the Web to be what ruined the Internet. Oh how I long for 1993...

Go to Hell, Tim Berners-Lee!

(Just kidding; I know it's not really his fault.)

JC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home